Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are currently recruiting!!
We are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer for a permanent position in Pudsey.
MAIN FUNCTION OF ROLE: (Note: in addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required)
* To modify existing drawings and create new designs based on a series of design rules;
* Will be adept in the use of Solidworks and AutoCAD and complement this skill set with basic mechanical and electrical knowledge;
* Ensure complete customer satisfaction.
MAIN DUTIES: (The below is the basic duties for your role, other ad-hoc duties are also required)
* Production of working Drawings from specifications;
* Modifying existing drawings;
* Creating new designs based on a series of design rules;
* Attending both in-house and external meetings;
* Operate within company guidelines and procedures;
* Liaising with the senior design team to determine the optimal design for each contract;
* Liaising with external departments including Production, Electrical Engineering and Purchasing;
* Constructing and modifying BOM's (Bill of Materials) and releasing the appropriate design information to other departments;
* Interpreting and discussing technical specifications with the lead engineer;
* Working to deadlines in a professional manner;
* Carry out any reasonable ad-hoc duties requested by your direct Line Manager or the Management Team;
* Safeguard all Company assets;
* Treat all other employees and all our customers professionally and with respect;
* Always work in a responsible manner to ensure safe working practices;
REQUIREMENTS TO CARRY OUT THE ROLE: Qualifications/Skills required for the role:
* GCSEs High school or equivalent;
* AutoCAD and Solid Works;
* BEng Mechanical Engineering;
* Degree or Tertiary Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar;
* Good written and verbal communication skills, and a high level of attention to detail are essential;
* The ability to work to targets as part of a small team.
Salary is between £30,000 and £35,000 per annum.
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call 0114 2200888 (option 1).
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.