Field Service Engineer - Job Description
Our client is looking to recruit a Field Service Engineer to their fast paced and rapidly growing customer support organization. Reporting to the Service Manager, this role will focus on Customer Service & Support and include installation/commissioning and upgrades of capital equipment at customers' premises, as well as warranty support. The territory to attend will be Global; worldwide travel is essential.
The Field Service Engineer will be geographically located within a commutable distance of the UK Head office (Bedfordshire) as part of a team providing 24/7 technical support to our customer base. You will be required to travel to customers' sites to lead Installation and upgrade projects and to carry out service & inspection work in line with on-going service schedules. While at site, you will be required to co-ordinate installation resources, liaise with the customer to resolve any problems, ensuring a successful conclusion to the relevant installation / project. The engineer will also be responsible for increasing our customer service activity ensuring relevant and timely reports are submitted as required.
Field Service Engineer - The Person:
The successful candidate should have the following skills and experience:
* An understanding of basic mechanical and/or electrical engineering principles and previous maintenance or a service engineering background.
* Installation, service, repair and maintenance experience of capital equipment in manufacturing industry
* Multi-skilled but Electrically biased
* Strong background in a field-based customer support role.
* A basic experience of working within remote diagnostic, technical support solutions in a customer support environment is desirable.
* Good interpersonal and communication skills.
* The ability to work on your own initiative.
* Good level of multi-skilling (electrics, mechanics, pneumatics, hydraulics, etc...).
* The ability to communicate verbally and in writing to a high level in English is essential and other languages would be a great attribute.
The successful candidate will need to be a strong influencer with excellent commercial acumen. They will be an effective stakeholder manager who is able to build and maintain relationships which add value to the business.
This is a global field service/commissioning role and extensive international travel is required - 70% of the time you will be overseas on site at customer premises.
Door to door travel is paid, plus daily allowances, expenses, overtime and company credit card. Significant earnings over basic salary are achievable.
Please apply ASAP!