Our client is a leading engineering business that has been established for over half a century providing mechanical handling solutions to many industries across the globe.
They are looking to recruit a Head of Projects / Senior Project Manager.
You will be a solid Project Manager from a capital equipment/process engineering background with a sharp commercial focus who can run your own projects while also heading up the department and leading by example.
This roles main responsibilities fall into two parts:
Head of Department: Managing the workload of the Projects dept to meet the timelines required by customers and the company production dept, as well as being part of the company management team.
Senior Project Manager: Heading up individual projects and running these from a commercial perspective. The project engineering for these projects would be done by your direct reports.
* Handover meetings to accept new projects into department
* Guidance on execution strategy with allocated Project Engineer (PE)
* Technical support for PE's
* Dispute resolution
* Defending company bottom line
* Promoting cross functional discussion / dialogue
* Chair project meetings as appropriate, minutes/reports as needed
* Site visits as necessary / customer meetings
* Assist with project planning
* Manage labour resource against project hours
* Arrange quotations for and mange contracts around contract variations
* Drafting of Service agreements
* Act as CDM point of reference
* Sign off CE certificates
* Sign off Warranty certification
* Ensure we delivery Customer satisfaction across Project
* Ensure project cost estimates are met
* Ensure project time schedules are met
* Commercial support for PE's
Design and Department Processes
* Inspection of designs going to shop floor
* Value engineering in project/system design & dept processes
* Jobscope use: efficiency review and improvements
* Ensure all designs conform to recognised British Standard, plus safety standards in design build operation and use
Product Development (R&D)
* Reviewing proposed designs
* Reviewing new product plans / costs
* Ongoing discussions over detail design / manufacturing methodology
* Update Management Master Schedule (weekly)
* Attend Management meetings
* Assessing PE time-sheets for improvements
* Preparation of reports for Management meetings
* Liaison with manufacturing to ensure project activities & manufacturing activities are aligned
* Manipulating project workload to help support continual work in manufacturing.
As mentioned above you will be a solid Project Manager from a capital equipment/process engineering/mechanical handling background with a sharp commercial focus who can also run your own projects while also heading up the department and leading by example and developing the PM skills generally of the department.
Please apply ASAP
Head of Projects, Senior Project Manager, Project Manager, Process, materials handling, Programme Manager, Head of Projects