Due to continued business growth, our globally respected client is looking to recruit an ambitious and motivated Model Maker / Fitter to work as part of a determined and professional team, fitting and assembling models and fixtures for R&D. The ideal candidate will be a team player and a confident individual with a positive and loyal attitude.
Typical projects include producing scaled-down models, comprising over 100 parts, which are assembled together and used as highly accurate forces/pressures measuring devices within R&D testing facilities.
As a Metal Model Maker/Fitter your main responsibilities will include:
* Carry out all aspects of fitting activity (hand working surfaces to remove machine marks, blending component joint lines to remove steps/gaps, fitting precision components and assembling models, installing pressure tubing) as directed by the Fitting Section TL and/or Leading Hand.
* Monitor the serviceability of Fitting Section machines, equipment and tooling, and report potential problems to the Fitting Section TL.
* When on shifts, ensure a safe and timely handover of the work in progress to the incoming shift and TL, ensuring that adequate notes and technical advice are available.
* Make recommendations for process improvement in Fitting techniques, where appropriate, to the Fitting Section TL.
* Observe Company Quality Standards and Health and Safety procedures.
* Undertake additional metal model making as requested by the Fitting Section Team Leader or MMC Team Leader, from time to time.
Model Maker Essential skills
* A time served, fully skilled engineer/toolmaker in the role of a metal model maker.
* Solid understanding (at least foundation level) of other MMC skills such as EDM wiring and plunge, turning, jig boring, grinding and CNC machining.
* Loyal, able to trust and directly support direct supervisors and line management.
* Experienced in the effective and efficient bench fitting of components, sub-assemblies and assemblies.
* Self-motivated and keen to develop engineering skills to full potential.
Model Maker Desirable skills
* Willing to mentor and coach less experienced staff.
* Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure deadlines are met.
* High attention to detail.
* Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working.
* Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and established precision manufacturing team operating in a world-class facility. In return, we offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
We offer competitive salaries for a basic 38 hour working week, with an aim to attract talented people with the skills and enthusiasm to help us succeed. Future salary growth is linked to performance and contribution. Generous shift and overtime premiums are offered when required.
* Pension & Life Assurance
Company matched contributions to a nominated personal pension scheme. Life assurance cover from first day of employment.
* Private Medical Insurance
Free to all employees and cover can be extended to family.
26 days annual leave, increasing to 29 days with longer service; in addition to Bank/Public Holidays.
* Car Parking
There is ample free, and secure, car parking on site
Please Apply ASAP