Our major international client is looking to recruit an Engineering Manager at their large plant in Essex.
The Engineering Manager is key to driving, monitoring and reporting on activities undertaken by the Electrical, Plant Maintenance and Packaging Engineering teams. Along with functional supervisors from these areas you need to agree priorities and hold teams accountable for delivery.
As part of the Plant Management team your role is to represent your functional areas, and participate in shaping the focus of the Plant to achieve KPI's.
The role is to provide direction via PPM and specific projects so the team have clear focus of expectations and impact / disruption to production is minimised. When issues arise root cause analysis needs to result in the implementation of preventative actions that are tracked through to completion.
Engineering Manager - main roles and responsibilities:
* You must establish relationships with key customers in the Plant.
* Deliver on customer needs to ensure efficiency of production by maximising downtime, planned maintenance and quality of repairs.
* Model and demand accountability
* Take ownership for decisions and outcomes; enable team to be accountable.
* Work to set standards and metrics; challenges self, team and peers when there is deviation.
* Deliver results
* Fulfil commitments, communicate challenges and reassess priorities.
* Develop people and teams
* Lead the team by example.
* Carry out people tasks ranging from managing performance, succession planning and compliance and development activities.
Engineering Manager - Experience
* Commercial experience in this or a similar role from a process manufacturing environment ideally FMCG
* Managed multi-function team
* Relevant Engineering qualifications (Electrical)
* Implementation of PPM systems
* Project management
* Management of budgets
* Electrically biased
* Qualification in Lean Six Sigma or equivalent
* Proficient in Excel
* Experience using Prince2 methodology or equivalent
Candidates that meet the above criteria and also have HV experience / certification and HV switching knowledge and experience are encouraged to apply.
Please apply ASAP!
Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager, Electrical Engineer