Applications for this job are closed.
Our client is looking to recruit a Senior Design Engineer to work as part of a specialist team responsible for producing 2D & 3D designs for in house Production Engineering, Manufacturing and subcontract suppliers. Designs of models, components, sub-assemblies and associated rigs. Design involves carrying out load calculations, BOM as well as considering requirements for instrumentation and pressure plotting. Full consideration must be afforded to Design for Manufacture & Test, optimising project schedules.
Main Duties - Senior Design Engineer
* Carry out design activities within budget and to schedule.
* Assign Drawing & Assembly Numbers to parts within scope of allocated work, using 4C software.
* Update Project Parts Lists with status of design/drawing issue numbers and dates.
* Carry out load/stressing calculations as required, and advise on material types/sizes.
* Identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives within D&M.
Skills and Qualifications
* HNC/D, degree or equivalent vocational experience in a mechanical engineering/design related subject, together with relevant work experience.
* Demonstrable experience of using CATIA V5.
* Experienced in mechanical design.
* Experience of carrying out stressing using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and hand calculations.
* Excellent IT skills.
Desirable Skills and knowledge
* Proven experience in the production of 2D tolerance drawings.
* Working understanding of manufacturing workshop processes and workflow.
* Experience of 5S and lean manufacturing processes.
* Good working knowledge of MRP systems.
Hours of work will be 38 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
The position offers a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to join a successful and ambitious company.
Please apply ASAP!
Design Engineer, Mechanical Design Engineer, Design Draughtsperson, Design Draughts, Draughtsperson, CAD, CATIA, Senior Design Engineer