Applications for this job are closed.
Our client is a leading engineering business that has been established for over half a century providing mechanical handling solutions to many industries across the globe. They are looking to recruit a Projects & Applications Engineer.
Job Summary: To carry out the function of designing plant and engineering solutions for the Sales department using 3D software and 2D software; to cost the designs in Excel and prepare the accompanying quotations; to offer all reasonable support to the Sales, Marketing, Engineering, Projects and R&D departments within the Company when needed.
Projects & Applications Engineer - Main Roles & Responsibilities:
* To create design solutions & quotations for individual enquiries that are generated by Sales colleagues and/or those received directly from customers.
* To use company design software to produce cost-effective, high functioning, visually appealing 3D & 2D designs and concepts that represent the solution to each customer's enquiry.
* Produce clear and detailed specifications with accompanying costs and power requirements in a format that matches the legend of the design solution.
* Work closely with design and projects team to convert 3D visualisation concepts & designs to detailed engineering drawings for manufacturing and procurement teams.
* Keep abreast of competitor designs, product offerings, costings to ensure relevance and innovation in your concepts and designs.
*Assist and conduct project engineering tasks
Projects & Applications Engineer - Experience
Candidates will be proficient in 3D CAD software, AutoCAD or Solidworks or both, with commercial experience of design/draughts of capital plant machinery, ideally mechanical handling, automation, conveyors etc…
You must have demonstrable skills in 3D design solutions in order to maximise customer impact of our clients product range and mechanical handling solutions.
Candidates with the above experience combined with relevant mechanical/design qualifications and experience of estimating will be at a distinct advantage.
Projects & Applications Engineer - Apply ASAP