Applications for this job are closed.
Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
An Assistant Area Manager for a client based in Doncaster.
Immediate start available.
We are looking for an experienced Assistant Area Manager to ensure that jobs are bid, organised, executed and closed off in line with budget and to the required health, safety, environmental and quality standards. You will also be assisting the Area Manager in carrying out his duties and deputise in their absence.
The work will be nationwide and occasionally in Europe but will be working out of our client's office in Doncaster.
* Estimate work in accordance with enquiry documents and in line with relevant technical and statutory codes of practice. Attend pre and post tender meeting with the client to negotiate and clarify tender submissions.
* Maintain contact with clients to ensure the client receive all relevant enquiries
* Monitor work progress against the pregramme, ensuring that the client is working in accordance with the contract at all times and revise scheduling and resourcing as required.
* Plan contract work and organise the supervision, labour equipment and sub contract support required to complete the work in the most effective way.
* Ensure all activities are carried out safely and that all EHS & quality documentation is in place and carry out site safety inspections
* Be aware of costs expended against budget, ensure payment applications are submitted regularly and close out completed contracts financially & technically including reports
* Attend programme meetings with the client, deal with requests, contract execution, call outs, difficulties on site and emergencies.
You will be dealing with contracts that will vary in size from a few hundred pounds up to £1 million.
Work can be performed on up to 15 Power Stations and heavy industrial sites throughout they year across the UK, Republic of Ireland and occasionally in Europe.
Willingness to work away is essential.
Skills and Experience:
* Must have served a recognised engineering apprenticeship
* HNC/D or Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Proven experience of managing a large team at site including sub-contractors
* Substantial practical experience of running on site contracts
* Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Project
* Proven experience in estimating mechanical on site contracts
This position would be ideal for someone with heavy industry/power station/cement/steel experience.
Electrical, compressor, pump or other mechanical installation experience would also be of interest
Salary is £55,000 per annum and company car/pension and other relevant benefits.
33 holidays per annum.
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call Leif on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.