Part Time PMO
PROJECT MANAGEMENT OFFICER (Part time max 30 hours per week)
Due to continuous growth, we are looking for an experienced Project Management Officer to support the effective delivery of projects within the Project Management team. The role includes PMO related tasks such as monitoring and reporting, recommending improvements to the existing and future PMO aspects as well as leading the trial and implementation of agreed improvements.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of project managers who lead the delivery of technically challenging, high-risk research and consultancy projects and will be a proactive PMO with excellent communication and problem solving skills.
Part Time PMO Main Duties:
- Manage, and lead improvements to our project information systems.
- Lead the successful delivery of project information to the project management team and the wider business.
- Provide analysis, observations and recommendations to inform business decision making.
- Work with the Head of PM and other business areas to improve our project information management systems including identifying potential alternatives to our existing software, evaluating options and assist in the building of chosen recommendations, as well as playing a key role in its implementation.
- Prepare and present regular project and resource status reports to project management, operational management and senior management - escalating issues, which breach defined project, and resourcing constraints.
- Run the reporting calendar, assisting project managers with process adherence and document management, and facilitating reporting meetings.
- Coordinate with company project and resource managers to record and report project resource requirements' effectively, ensuring that resource demand information in company SAP business management system is up to date.
- Support company project managers with reporting key milestones for the business project portfolio and facilitate regular resource allocation meetings.
- Coordinate with company project managers and our design and production planning team leaders to help maintain the integrated planning schedule of our Design and Manufacture team.
Part Time PMO Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- Strong experience of delivering PMO services in multi-project environments with tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages, including advanced data management skills in Excel (e.g. Pivot Tables; VLOOKUp; Micros; etc.)
- Familiarity with SAP (or similar business management software)
- Evidence of high degree of project governance and quality controls, including reporting, documentation, planning and controlling.
- Strong initiative, able to follow through delivery of work without step-by-step instruction.
- Problem solver and competent in making critical decisions promptly.
- Results-focused: able to set high work standards for self and demonstrate drive to meet targets.
- Effective communication skills adaptable to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in training and coaching others.
Part Time PMO Desirable skills:
- PM qualification(s)
- Degree or equivalent level of qualification
- VBA (or similar) programming experience
- Experience of managing / building document management systems (for example SharePoint)
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies, e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, etc.
This part time role is offering 25 - 30 hours per week spread over 4 - 5 days per week.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
Please Apply ASAP
Part Time PMO, Project Coordinator, Project Assistant, PMO, Project Management Officer, Project Support, Technical Project Administrator, PMO