PROJECT MANAGER (INFRASTRUCTURE / FACILITIES)
We are looking to recruit an experienced Facilities/Infrastructure Project Manager with demonstrable experience of successfully managing and delivering high value projects within engineering or technical facilities. The ideal candidate would have time served in working in facilities upgrades and/or improvements from a heavy engineering background or automotive manufacturing or similar. The candidate should be used to deliver multiple technical projects simultaneously and to work under pressure with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Project Manager (Facilities) Main Duties:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to deliver a variety of projects ranging from fit out to mechanical and electrical installations to site improvement projects including:
* Take full ownership of the project management assignments from bid to closure.
* Lead the project team to a successful project outcome, ensuring business' objectives and deadlines are met and within budget.
* Act as the first point of contact with clients and be accountable for delivering all project related products to the required standard on time and within budget.
* Lead and support the preparation of bids, with the input of the technical managers including: estimating; risk management; planning and presentation of the business proposals to the clients.
* Lead the project change management process working with the project team and the client to effectively manage changes to requirements, timescales and associated costs while protecting company commercial interests.
* Manage company resources effectively in order to ensure the successful delivery of the project.
* Support effective cash flow management with the input of the procurement and finance teams.
* Prepare and present regular project status reports to stakeholders, senior management and clients - highlighting issues with potential breaches and offering effective solutions to overcome them.
* Organize the preparation of the commercial and technical proposals with support from technical experts - ensuring that key assumptions and risks are made clear and that company commercial interests are protected.
* Support negotiations with customers (working with leadership team and technical experts) and suppliers (working with procurement team and technical experts).
Project Manager (Facilities) Essential Skills and Qualifications:
* Commercial 'on the job' experience in appropriate engineering discipline with a post completion of formal engineering apprenticeship / HNC/HND/NVQ4
* Proven experience of project leadership, ensuring that communications with colleagues, customers and suppliers are clear and consistent.
* Awareness formal Systems Engineering approach to delivering complex engineering projects.
* Ability to understand customer requirements from a statement of work and prepare a product breakdown structure and resource estimate.
* Excellent spoken and written English
Project Manager (Facilities) Desirable skills:
* A project management qualification
* University honours degree in a STEM/technically related discipline.
* Experience in a large facility environment / industry.
Hours of work will be 38 hours per week, Monday-Friday.
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to be part of a successful and professional team operating in a world-class facility.
Please apply ASAP
Project Manager (Facilities), Project Manager, Project Engineer, Facilities Manager, Installation Manager, Engineer