Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical) for a permanent position to be based in the Litchfield area.
Our client are a leading steel reinforcement specialist providing innovative, cost effective and quality products to major construction projects across the UK.
Their lean adaptation enables us to produce reinforcement products in a safe working environment, produce high quality products effectively which helps deliver our product on time.
They currently have a vacancy located in Lichfield within their Maintenance Department, for a Maintenance Engineer with a mechanical bias.
This position will be on a morning shift initially; however the successful applicant will be required to be flexible in their ability to work mornings, afternoons and nights as required by the needs of the business.
- Repair, adjust and maintain production equipment, machinery or instruments to ensure that it functions reliably and complies with process specifications to the highest Environmental, Health and Safety Standards.
- Respond to break-downs and other operating problems and complete planned maintenance activities to minimise disruptions to manufacturing processes.
- Attend machines to assess planned maintenance activities and diagnose breakdowns.
- Communicate with machine operators to attain information relating to the deviations.
- Establish a safe working area, including the assessment of the need to isolate and ensure adherence to DECAP Procedures.
- Maintain detailed maintenance records so that Health and Safety is ensured and recurring problems with machinery, equipment or parts can be identified and addressed.
- Set, calibrate or adjust equipment, machinery and instruments so that it complies with production specifications or instructions.
- Manage specific projects or undertake specific project activity as determined by the business or line manager.
Applicants should have the following skills/knowledge:
- Experience of mechanical maintenance.
- HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering; or City and Guilds Level 3 Apprenticeship trained with extensive experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Previous experience of working within a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of the steel reinforcing industry or associated industries would be advantageous.
- Self-motivation to ensure that work is carried out in a timely manner.
- The ability to solve problems and meet deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and as a team.
£26,469 per annum + Overtime and Company Pension
How to apply:
In the first instance, send CV's to [email removed] or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.