Applications for this job are closed.
Our major client is looking to recruit an experienced Senior Inspector completing inspection work using Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM) and Leica Optical Scanners. Responsibilities include completing component, sub-assembly and assembly inspections to defined tolerances, reporting results and briefing Customers regarding inspection results during model buy-offs.
Senior Inspector Main duties and responsibilities include:
* Responsible for carrying out the inspection of models (assemblies, sub-assemblies and individual components) in accordance with the specification given in the route cards, service requests or supervisory instructions.
* Conduct Optical Tracking inspections, snapping scans to models and reporting using 3DScanner software.
* Assist with the scheduling of inspection work to meet agreed project resource plans, with regular communication of schedules to the Model Manufacturing Centre (MMC) Team Leader and other Section Leaders.
* Raise Concession Reports for submission and approval to Customers.
* Monitor the progress and conduct training, as appropriate, of newly inducted or trainee members of the section.
* Lead the technical development of the inspection capability including the inspection aspects of customer proposals.
* Actively seek opportunities for Continuous Improvement of inspection procedures.
* Maintain an inspection log.
Senior Inspector Essential skills and qualifications:
* HNC in Mechanical Engineering or similar qualification
* Career experience using hand held metrology instruments, precision CMM and Optical Scanning Systems.
* Technical experience with optical tracking and 3DScanner software and methodology.
* Experience in programming CMM using PCDMIS software (ideally including 2018 version)
* Able to analyze CAD, manipulate datum's and alignments for part inspection.
* Able to produce and analyze inspection results of model assemblies to determine any errors and recommend viable solutions in order to meet customers' requirements.
* Proficient in the use of MS Office applications such as Word and Excel, in order to plan/schedule project inspections and create reports using company templates.
* Used to explaining and delivering inspection results to internal stakeholders (typically Project Managers, MMC staff and Test Engineers) and Customers during buy-offs.
In addition the successful candidate must demonstrate the following personal attributes:
* A team player, confident and capable of mentoring and coaching less experienced staff.
* Flexible and positive attitude, willing to go the extra mile to ensure that project schedules are met or exceeded
* Attention to detail, in terms of quality of work produced and adherence to project schedules
* Drive and commitment to improve own skills, and be receptive to new ideas and ways of working
* Can-do attitude to overcoming technical problems as soon as they arise
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Competitive salary along with benefits package including, Private Healthcare, Life Assurance, 7% employer contribution matched pension, 26 days holidays + bank holidays
Please apply ASAP
inspector, cmm, inspection, component inspection, product inspection, assembly inspection, quality engineer, senior inspector