Dutton Recruitment (Sheffield Engineering) are recruiting for:
A HSE Co-Ordinator for a permanent position to be based in the Scunthorpe area for an immediate start.
Scope of the Role:
- To provide assistance and guidance to the site in respect of all matters related to Health & Safety and the Environment, ensuring compliance with all requirements.
- To ensure that the site complies with all legal HSE requirements, and maintain and communicate the site legal register.
- To train, coach and drive the HSE strategy and tools across all areas of the site, including the Global Safety procedures.
- To support the site in all areas of HSE by proactively auditing the system, investigating any accidents/incidents with appropriate corrective action, and providing training to all.
- To ensure that all new starters have the appropriate induction training for their role.
- To ensure that any HSE changes, or best practices are communicated effectively throughout the organisation, and that their implementation is periodically assessed.
- To review and support regular re-evaluation of the established risk assessments on site.
- To maintain and regularly report the HSE KPI's to the site, to include accident data, near miss and incident reporting, and compliance to the Global Procedures.
- To lead the site Health & Safety committee and ensure engagement of the team members.
- To be responsible for the PPE and First Aid requirements on site, ensuring availability when required and suitability for use.
- To be the main point of contact for the Waste Management company on site.
- To maintain as a minimum the site silver status within the Company SIP system.
- Ensuring that the site substance lists, with associated MSDS and risk assessments are available and up to date.
- Responsible for the progress and completion of HSE projects, including any follow up activities.
- Manage first aiders and fire wardens
- Be point of contact for local fire brigade.
- Mentor peers and middle management in the formulation and execution of the HSE roadmap.
- Coach local personnel through one-on-one support
- HSE budget - to include any provision for external training and PPE.
Number of direct reports:
- No direct reports but leads site H&S Committee.
Generic Success Measures:
- Effective closure of all accident/near miss investigations, no repeat incidents.
- To maintain a green status for the HSE metrics in the People section of I-Nexus
- To be viewed as the "go to" person for HSE queries, support and knowledge of the subject, with a visible passion for all things HSE.
- For the site to have a clear and obvious safety culture.
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8:00am to 4:30pm and Friday 8:00am to 1:30pm.
Salary is £35,000 per annum with other related benefits.
How to apply:
In the first instance send CV's to [email removed],com or call the team on 0114 2200888 (option 1) for Engineering.
Dutton Recruitment are working as an Employment Business on behalf of our client.