Applications for this job are closed.
Our unique major client is looking to recruit a Engineering & Maintenance Manager.
Engineering & Maintenance Manager
Key purpose of the job:
To lead the Operational Engineering Teams to ensure compliance with statutory requirements. Delivery of maintenance and other work (engineering) programmes to enable plant and facility readiness for delivery of commercial project portfolio. Business critical plant requires a variety of different systems to operate including High Voltage equipment, high-pressure air, motors, compressors, coolers and other equipment. To deliver the above to budget.
Engineering & Maintenance Manager - Key roles & responsibilities:
* To ensure the availability of key and associated plant and facilities to deliver commercial project portfolio.
* To be responsible for the safe and efficient management of resources.
* To deliver an agreed Planned Preventative Maintenance programme and monitor improvements using agreed Performance Management metrics.
* To respond to fault reports within agreed times and standards (unplanned maintenance).
* To deliver longer-term investment programmes for capability improvements and/or modernisation of systems.
* To ensure the Infrastructure cost centres are managed within the agreed annual budget.
* To lead and manage the appraisal system and objective setting for the team members.
* To ensure the skills and capability of the team meets the current and future needs of the business including compliance with statutory SHE training requirements.
* To manage the team's apprentice programme and ensure supervision and coaching of trainees.
* To ensure the effective sourcing, selection and management of suppliers/ service providers to meet business delivery requirements.
Maintenance & Engineering Manager - General
* Compliance with Quality Standards and be an advocate for Continuous Improvement.
* Compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental procedures.
* Compliance with Site Security procedures.
Maintenance & Engineering Manager - Skills & Qualifcations
* Hold an academic qualification (minimum HND) in a technical/engineering discipline preferably gained via a recognised apprenticeship or graduate scheme.
* Demonstrated leadership experience including work-planning and delivery in a fast-paced commercial environment.
* Knowledge of mechanical and electrical engineering procedures, tools and staff skills required.
* Self-disciplined approach, ensuring continuous adherence to the Company standards and procedures.
* Possess strong leadership competencies including inter-personal, people-management and influencing skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Ability to improve standards and be driven by continuous improvement.
* Be capable of applying problem-solving techniques in a logical, competent and timely manner.
* Good computer skills (MS-office and IT-based maintenance packages).
Engineering & Maintenance Manager - Measures of Performance:
* Planning and Delivery
* Publish a costed Planned Preventative Maintenance Programme to be reviewed at monthly management meetings
* Delivery of Plant and Infrastructure readiness to deliver customer project portfolio to be reviewed at weekly Plant meetings
* Management of supplier network to support Infrastructure teams
* Performance Improvements
* Agree a set of Infrastructure performance metrics and demonstrate agreed improvements over a given period of time
* Documentation and knowledge transfer programme in place
* Operations Management
* Line management and succession planning Cost centre management inline with Finance team requirements
The successful candidate must satisfy security clearance requirements - including the last 5 years continual UK residency.
Please apply ASAP
Engineering & Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Manager & Engineering Manager, Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager, Plant Engineering Manager, Plant Maintenance Manager, Aerospace